Water from the dam is used for irrigation as well as for producing electricity at the Bhira hydroelectric power plant, operated by Tata Power. The station operates six 25MW Pelton turbines established in 1927 and one 150MW Pumped Storage Unit. Water from this reservoir located in Krishna river basin is diverted to the Bhira power house for generating Hydro electricity.
In 1920-21, during the construction of the dam and power station, Pandurang Mahadev Bapat led Mulshi Satyagrah, a movement to represent farmers whose land had been taken to build the project. He was dubbed Senapati (commander) in recognition of his leadership
What is included in the tour
* Timely Departure from School.
* Courteous and Friendly Staff.
* Hygienic food and snacks provided.
* Efficient Tour Manager throughout the tour.
* 24/7 online tour monitoring system ( For the safety & management of any crisis with the shortest possible time ).
* A group photograph as a memorable memento to the school (softcopy and hard copy).
* A special gift for the best project report submitted based on learning objectives.
* Track My Tour- this feature in our online portal(www.crazyholidays.in) will help you to view the photos videos and announcements of your child’s tour in real time.
* Resort amenities like swimming pool.
What is NOT included in the tour
* Any expenses of personal nature.
* Use of facilities other than that mentioned in the inclusions..
* Transport to and from the resort.
* Any taxes as applicable.
Learning Objectives:- Ecotourism, Agree tourism, Trekking,Team building activities, flora and fauna,social responsibility and Hydro electric power.
- Departure 8.00 AM from School
- Arrival 9.30 AM to Mulshi Dam Trekk.
- Breakfast provided to students at 10:00 AM
- After than proceed to trekking.
- After completion of trekking party games
- Evening snacks is given at 3:00 PM
- Departure 3.30 PM from Mulshi DamTrekk Arrival 5.00 PM at School