The Fort St. George Museum was organised and opened for the public from 31st January 1948. The museum began with a small collection of objects of the British Raj donated by the then Madras Presidency Government, the St. Mary's Church authorities, the disbanded army units and others. Over the years many objects were acquired by various means and there are now 3661 registered antiquities in the collection.
Best among them (602) are on display in ten galleries.A delight for history buffs, this fort was constructed during the British Rule, encloses historic monuments of St. Mary’s church and St. George museum. The museum houses artifacts from that era including paintings, coins, silverware, arms, porcelain and documents.
What is included in the tour
* Timely Departure from School.
* Courteous and Friendly Staff.
* Hygienic food and snacks provided.
* Efficient Tour Manager throughout the tour.
* 24/7 online tour monitoring system ( For the safety & management of any crisis with the shortest possible time ).
* A group photograph as a memorable memento to the school (softcopy and hard copy).
* A special gift for the best project report submitted based on learning objectives.
* Track My Tour- this feature in our online portal(www.crazyholidays.in) will help you to view the photos videos and announcements of your child’s tour in real time.
What is NOT included in the tour
* Any expenses of personal nature.
* Use of facilities other than that mentioned in the inclusions.
* Transport to and from the resort.
* Any taxes as applicable.
Learning objectives:Team building activities, Ancient architecture, History and Ancient artifacts.
1. Following your arrival at Fort St.George Museum at around 9.30 am, refresh with breakfast at 9.45 am.
2. Avail of the indoor and outdoor facilities..
3. Lunch at 12:30 PM.
4. Remaining games and activities.
5. Snacks will be provided at 3:00 PM.
6. Departure at 4:00 PM from Fort St.George Museum to School.